TLC Groups - The KU Psychological Clinic will have a NEW TLC Group in 2019! Watch for updates in December 2018 or call us at 785-864-4121 to be put on a list for call back for the group.
Sessions are 2 hours long and run for 8 consecutive weeks. The cost is $30 for the entire package of 8 sessions. You do not need a parking pass at that time of night. If you come early and get stopped at a booth just tell them where you are headed and for what and if you do arrive before 5pm ask the office staff for a parking pass so you don't get a ticket. Please make inquiries if you must arrive at 5:15 (coming from work) and we should be able to assist you.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is TLC?
- See brochure for details. TLC is an approach to treating depression that includes life style changes. Life style changes include: Participating in mentally engaging activities, exercise, exposure to bright light, ingestion of Omega-3 fatty acids, engaging social support and having good sleep habits
- Is this group affiliated with Dr. Ilardi and the research group?
- This is a TLC group run by graduate students in the KU Psychological Clinic. It is not part of Dr. Ilardi's research and he does not lead the group. Supervisors of the group include Sarah Kirk, Ph.D. and Steve Ilardi, Ph.D. The clinic TLC group is open to persons with varying levels of depression and other conditions. Please contact 785-864-4121 and speak with a clinic TLC group representative or Dr. Kirk if you have further questions about the difference between the groups.
- Do I have to be a KU Psychological Clinic client?
- No. The group is often made up of current clients, non-clients, community members, and University students and staff.
- If I am currently in treatment or on medication may I join the group?
- How can I know this group is right for me?
- Give us a call at 785-864-4121 and we will discuss any questions you may have.