New group is April 6th-27th 2017, 5:30-6:30 in Room 343
The charge for all 4 sessions is only $10! Each session is 60 minutes and parking is behind Fraser Hall.
There is no need to register but if you need more information you can call 785-864-4121 or email email@example.com
- Mindfulness Flyer (PDF)
- Mindfulness Group Guidelines (PDF)
- Mindfulness Group Syllabus/Schedule of Topics (PDF)
- Mindfulness Resources (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions
Quotes from Past Participants in our Mindfulness Groups
"Focused, many valuable and immediately applicable information and skills. Small group size very comfortable and made the class more effective. And involvment of 2 instructors was very nice. Individuals in group all helped it be a meaningful and effective class."
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is "mindfulness"?
- According to Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn, "Mindfulness means paying attention in a particular way; On purpose, in the present moment, and nonjudgmentally."
- What do you do in mindfulness group?
- Each week we learn and practice a different kind of mindfulness skill. See the schedule for details.
- Who are the group leaders?
- The group leaders are Clinical Psychology Ph.D. graduate students who are supervised by licensed psychologists.
- I missed the first session, can I come to the second one?
- Yes! We recommend that you attend the first session, but it is not required. If you miss the first session, we recommend that you call the clinic and leave a message for the group leaders that you will attend session two. We also recommend that you come 10-15 minutes early to meet with the group leaders to go over the material that you missed.
- Do I need to call before coming to the group?
- It is recommended, but not required. You may call 785-864-4121 and ask questions or advise the clinic coordinator that you plan to attend.
- Who can come?
- Where can I park?
- You can park for free behind Fraser Hall